“Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.”
—George Washington Carver
There is little that does not hinge on education. I firmly believe that we can extend greater opportunity to our children, our families, and all of Florida when we make education a top priority.
Our children need and deserve the best possible education that we can provide them with. That includes fully funding Florida’s public education system and ensuring we provide equal educational opportunity for all of our children and parents. We can give our parents safe and superior education options for their children. It also includes providing our teachers with access to high quality teaching resources, technology, and fair and equitable pay.
We can do better for all of Florida by providing a high quality education environment that is not tainted by high stakes testing but empowers our youth with knowledge, understanding, and critical thinking skills. And, we can lead the nation for educational success for K-12 and higher education.
As a Florida state legislator…
- I will fight to fully fund and strengthen our public education system.
- I will work hard to provide better education options for our parents.
- I will fight to end the “school to prison pipeline” that criminally punishes our children unfairly as adults.
- I will partner with state, regional and local officials, agencies and companies to close the digital divide that is leaving so many of our children behind.
- I will work hard to ensure all Floridians have access to affordable higher education and that they are given the best opportunity to finish college on time.